Monday 3 June 2013

I Qualified for HOYS 2013

HOYS= Horse Of The Year Show 

I went to Pyecombe, which is near Brighton in England, ready for the newcomer second rounds.
It is a three round competition that starts at 1.10m, My pony Hacker Jack (Jack) and I jumped clear around the first course and so had to jump the second round, this went up to about 1.15/1.20m and again he flew around this course, jumping everything with about a mile to spare, so we found ourselves into the third round, which was about 1.25m (a jump off for either a place at HOYS or a place at Scope). The top two people qualify for HOYS and the top 5 qualify for scope, with 19 in the jump off I had to push on if I wanted a chance to qualify.

I went in aiming for a clear, but me being competitive jumped clear over the first jumped then just went for it, I went clear and into 2nd place with three riders left to go.

The next pony in went into the lead so I lost my qualifying position, feeling pretty gutted about coming 3rd I went into the ring for prize presentation to be told to girl who won had already qualified, so the qualification was passed down to me.

I now cannot wait for october to compete at hoys!! it was a brilliant day. 
Jack and me 


No comments:

Post a Comment